Medically reviewed by Shahzadi Devje, Registered Dietitian (RD) & Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
Grilled Asparagus & Tomatoes With Fried Eggs | Easy, Low Carb Recipe
- 1.5 tsp olive oil extra virgin
- 20 asparagus washed and ends trimmed
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp black pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 4 egg sunny side up
- 1 tsp sunflower oil for frying the eggs - ½ tsp for each egg
- Preheat grill to high
- Lightly coat the asparagus spears and cherry tomatoes with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper
- Grill over high heat for 5-7 minutes, or to desired tenderness
- Prepare eggs and serve with grilled asparagus and tomatoes.
- Choose the method that best suits you for grilling, all 3 will work well.
- Add in any extra veggies you like.
- You can also serve the asparagus with scrambled, soft-boiled or poached eggs.
- You can easily adjust the heat with the number of chilli flakes you add.
- Grilled asparagus and tomatoes will keep well in the fridge for around 3 days.
Please note the nutritional analysis values are estimates and suggestions. This nutrition facts table does not know your life - your body, including your hunger and satiety cues, change daily. It's okay to eat more or less. Say no to food guilt and instead embrace mindful eating.
Shahzadi is an award-winning registered dietitian (RD) regulated by the College of Dietitians of Ontario and certified diabetes educator (CDE), approved by the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board. A YouTuber and notorious foodie, she's dedicated to helping you end your cooking wars, transform your health, and be the best version of yourself! Shahzadi is an on-air nutrition expert for CTV Your Morning and a regular contributor for Global News and other national media outlets.