An Indian actress, dancer, model and TV presenter..it doesn’t end there for Malaika Arora. This yummy mummy looks every bit as stunning as when we first saw her. Did she ever strut her stuff on top of a train in Chaiyya Chaiyya!
One of her fave brekkie choices is reported to be oatmeal. You too can snazz up your brekkie with this option. This fast and simple blueberry oatmeal recipe will leave you with ample time to “Chaiyya Chaiyya” with the family ?
We enjoy oatmeal often, and not just for brekkie. I turn to this as a pre or post workout snack. It is super versatile and delicious hot or cold. It’s done and dusted in a flash, and I play around with different combos. No room for boredom! Some of my favourite concoctions are:
- banana and dried apricots
- apple, raisin and cinnamon
- mango, coconut and cashew nuts
- mixed berries with pistachios
- banana, cacao and walnuts
- peaches and almonds
When using dried fruits, you may not need any extra sweetness from honey.
Look and feel great with oatmeal!
Quick and simple to pull off, yet uncompromising on the health front. Oatmeal is a whole grain, rich in fibre, vitamins, minerals, healthy fats and antioxidants. Regarded to be a nutritional powerhouse, oatmeal has shown to lower the risk of heart disease and stroke, diabetes, cancer and some digestive disorders. Soluble fibre found in oats helps improve blood cholesterol and control blood glucose levels. Oatmeal definitely scores full marks on the health front!
How do you enjoy oatmeal? Would love to hear your oatmeal combos.
Kya Khaiyal Hay? Shall we “Chaiyya Chaiyya?”
So, kuch kuch hota hai? If you try this recipe, would love to hear from you! Leave a comment, rate it, or share a photo and hashtag with #desiliciousrd on Instagram and twitter! Can’t wait to see your photos.
Oatmeal: Eat breakfast like a Bollywood star!
- 2 cups oats quick cooking
- 4 cups milk you could use water instead
- ½ cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1 tbsp honey you can leave out, if you prefer
- cinnamon pinch
- 10 almonds unsalted, unroasted
- In a large microwavable bowl, add the oats, water, blueberries and honey
- Microwave for 3 mins
- Stir well. Microwave for an additional 1-2 min until the desired consistency is achieved
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Add additional frozen blueberries and almonds