Medically reviewed by Shahzadi Devje, Registered Dietitian (RD) & Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE)
An easy, nutritious & satisfying meal plan made with non-perishable foods from your pantry.
During the outbreak of the coronavirus and social distancing, fresh food may not be readily available or accessible. Reduce mealtime stress with this Non-Perishable Foods Pantry Program. It's a Desi~licious 7-day program that can be made mostly from pantry staples. The nutrient-dense recipes are vegan, bursting with flavour while also being accessible and budget-friendly. It can easily be customized for individual needs and taste preferences. The non-perishable foods meal plan serves a family of four.
What does the meal plan include?
- 100% vegan dietitian-approved & taste-tested recipes
- Grocery list to save you time, money and fewer trips to the grocery store
- Step-by-step prep guide to make the most of your time in the kitchen
- Simple ingredient substitutions to make-do with what you have at hand
- Full nutritional information for each recipe
- Daily nutrition analysis summary of macro and micronutrients
- Easy to understand instructions to prepare, cook and store recipes
6 Reasons You Should Invest In This Meal Plan?
- Exceeds daily fibre requirements for women and men. Fibre helps to keep you regular, has shown to lower cholesterol levels, control blood sugars and has been associated with low risk of cardiovascular disease and some types of cancers.
- Reduced in salt (sodium). The average daily sodium intake is below Health Canada recommendations. Approximately 30% of high blood pressure cases in Canada are due to high sodium intake. The average daily sodium intake of this meal plan is 1829 mg per day (20% lower)
- Rich in plant-based foods. Harness the power of a plant-powered diet to live a longer, healthier and more vibrant life.
- Healthy for the planet too! Reduce your environmental impact with plant-based meals and snacks. Feel good knowing that your daily choices are helping towards conserving energy and water, saving animals, purifying the air, and reducing your carbon footprint.
- Zero added sugar recipes - with ALL the flavour from nature's candy. Regularly consuming added sugar has shown to increase inflammation, raise triglycerides (a type of fat) challenge your pancreas to pump more insulin which eventually strains your pancreas and can lead to insulin resistance, out of control blood sugars and ultimately diabetes.
- Cook once, enjoy twice or thrice. With hectic and unpredictable schedules, cook smart, save time in the kitchen and reduce waste.
Shahzadi is an award-winning registered dietitian (RD) regulated by the College of Dietitians of Ontario and certified diabetes educator (CDE), approved by the Canadian Diabetes Educator Certification Board. A YouTuber and notorious foodie, she's dedicated to helping you end your cooking wars, transform your health, and be the best version of yourself! Shahzadi is an on-air nutrition expert for CTV Your Morning and a regular contributor for Global News and other national media outlets.