A cold and creamy dessert, this Vegan Chia Pudding with Strawberry Banana Nice Cream will make your taste buds dance. Frozen strawberries and bananas are blitzed into a delicious soft serve ice cream, that's dolloped over a thick and creamy chia pudding - all without any added sugar. You're welcome!
- 2 1/2 cups almond milk, unsweetened
- 1/2 banana, ripe
- 2 dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 2 cups banana, ripe, frozen, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberries, frozen
- 2 strawberries, fresh
Blend 2 cups of almond milk, dates and ripe banana
Transfer into a bowl and stir in the chia seeds
Pour the pudding equally into 2 glasses and refrigerate for an hour or until set (overnight is best)
How to serve
Wash cut fresh strawberries into thin slices and arrange around the chia pudding glasses - if you're after a fancy presentation.
Pour nice cream over the chia puddings.
Top with fresh strawberries
- Make sure to use frozen fruit to make the nice cream
- I used almond milk for the chia pudding but any nut milk will work
- You can make the chia pudding in advance and store it in the fridge until you're ready to make the ice cream and serve
- Top the nice cream pudding with any fruits, nuts or seeds you like. I love to use chopped almonds
Calories: 223kcal (11%)Carbohydrates: 35g (12%)Protein: 6g (12%)Fat: 9g (14%)Saturated Fat: 1g (5%)Sodium: 208mg (9%)Potassium: 467mg (13%)Fiber: 11g (44%)Sugar: 15g (17%)Vitamin A: 50IU (1%)Vitamin C: 22.3mg (27%)Calcium: 328mg (33%)Iron: 1.9mg (11%)
Keep in mind that the nutritional values provided are approximations and suggestions. This nutrition facts table cannot account for your individual needs. Your body — including your hunger and satiety cues — change daily. It's perfectly fine to eat more or less on different days. Instead of letting food guilt take over, consider mindful eating.
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.