Ladoo lovers, rejoice! Yes, they taste as good as they look! With zero added sugar and 100% vegan, these little pistachio-apricot ladoos (Indian sweet balls) are healthy and pack a nutritional punch! Loaded with plant-based ingredients, they’re Desi~licious and an ideal pick-me-up snack choice.
What Are Ladoos Made of?
Ladoos (also spelt laddus), in the South Asian culture, are simply balls of S.W.E.E.T.N.E.S.S. They make an appearance at nearly all celebratory events. You’ll find them at weddings, birthdays, graduations, and religious festivals. The party-list does go on!
Ladoos are made with different types of flours, and often laden with sugar and ghee. This easy and healthy spin on a traditional recipe is, let’s just say better for you! These little pistachio and apricot laddoos are the perfect sweet and crunchy treat. Talk about Desi~licious! What’s even better is that they are such a breeze to whip up; with only 3 ingredients and done in 5 minutes! Blend the ingredients in a food processor, roll into balls, roll in chopped pistachios, and you’re in heaven.
- No-added sugar
That pretty much checks everyone on the list of dietary restrictions and you can enjoy them more often.
I love the apricot-pistachio combo – a nice change from using dates. I’ve used Malatya apricots and they taste luscious! Malatya, Turkey, is one of the main exporters of dried apricots in the world. The flavour is subtle, less acidic and full of aroma. I get mine from Costco.
How To Make These Desi~licious Vegan Ladoos – Step By Step
Pistachios, dried apricots and coconut oil come together to create a simple, delicious and energizing snack to keep you feeling fuller for longer! Plus they are done in a flash.
All the taste of laddus – without the ghee, added sugar and zero cooking! Easy and healthy!
Are you sold?
- In a medium food processor, add pistachios (Image 1), apricots (Image 2) and melted coconut oil (Image 3)
- Process for a couple of minutes until you achieve a fine texture (Image 4)
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, shape into 12 ladoo balls (Image 5) and roll in chopped pistachios (Image 6)
Are Ladoos Healthy?
It really depends on the type, amount and frequency of your intake of ladoos. Typically, a traditional recipe of ladoos is laden with calories, excessive added sugar, saturated fat, and may even contain artificial colouring. I wouldn’t fret if you’re only enjoying a ladoos once in a while – as a treat! Let’s cut ourselves some slack. With my ladoos recipe, you could certainly enjoy them more often.
Top Desi~licious Tips For Making Vegan Ladoos
- Unsalted pistachios work best in this ladoos recipe
- I like to carefully choose soft apricots so they’re sweet and help to bind the mixture
- Don’t forget to melt the coconut oil to help with blending the nuts and dried fruit
- These ladoos can be stored in the fridge for 2 weeks and can be frozen for longer
More Vegan Sweet Recipes You Might Like:
- Cranberry Apple Crumble
- Chocolate And Pumpkin Breakfast Smoothie
- Chia Pudding With Strawberry Nice Cream
- Raspberry Vegan Bars
Are you a snacker? What’s your favourite Desi~licous mithai (sweets)? Have you tried my Vegan pistachio ladoos before? Share in the comment section below!
If you try this recipe, would love to hear from you! Leave a comment, rate it, or share a photo and hashtag with #desiliciousrd on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Can’t wait to see your photos.
Hungry for more?
Subscribe to my newsletter for free recipes, nutrition tips and all the latest updates.
5 minute Pistachio-Apricot Laddus (Balls)
- 1 1/8 cup pistachio shelled, unsalted
- 2/3 cup apricots you can use regular apricots as well no added sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut oil cold pressed, organic, melted
- Add 1 cup of pistachios, apricots and melted coconut oil to a food processor or high speed blender
- Process on high for 2-3 minutes, until mixture comes together.
- Meanwhile, chop the remaining 1/8 cup pistachios
- Form the pistachio-apricot mixture into 12 ladoos (balls)
- Roll in chopped pistachios